home > about wanneroo > vision & values
Welcome to Wanneroo Senior High School. Originally opened in 1977, Wanneroo Senior High School is a coeducational secondary school catering for approximately 810 secondary students from Years 8 to 12.
It is located 24kms north of the city centre in a rapidly expanding area with new suburbs emerging and a population that is growing at the fastest rate in Australia. The open plan design and beautiful garden setting has been enhanced with a major building and facilities upgrade. This has included a Performing Arts centre and Computer Activity Area’s in every building. The school accommodation is 21st century standards.
Wanneroo Senior High School has a vision that students will develop an awareness of their place in the global community. This is relevant because their futures will ultimately be shaped by a rapidly changing world.
We encourage students to dream big and to look outside the school community and explore relevant possibilities for future careers on a global stage.
We believe that if students dream broadly and believe they can achieve these dreams then they will engage in the learning process and ultimately achieve success.
“Caring and Excellence”
We aim is to ensure that in a caring and supportive environment, all students have the opportunity to develop to their full potential so they can be positive and effective members of society. Wanneroo Senior High School is dedicated to the pursuit of excellence and the development of a caring learning environment.
The symbols of our school logo represent a balance between the past, present and the future and at its centre the individuality of the student. We aim to educate each child through the cooperative influence of school, community and friends working in partnership. Within this supportive and friendly learning environment we provide courses that are challenging, relevant and responsive to student, employer and community needs.
Our Vision Statement is “Star In Your Future …Dream, Believe, Learn and Succeed!”
The school Vision is underpinned by the following 5 key values which staff have identified as part of the school’s revitalisation project:
S – Self Discipline
T – Trust
A – Adaptability
R – Respect
S – Success
At Wanneroo Senior High School we value:
Self Discipline by
- Having control of your actions to allow success for yourself and others.
- Providing a safe environment.
- Staff and students flourishing due to honest, reliable, confidential and consistent actions.
- Being on time and prepared for my classes.
- Behaving in an ethical and fair manner towards all members of the school community.
- encouraging a vibrant teaching and learning environment that creates an environment in which all members can succeed.
- The ability to interact with others in a productive way without causing offence.
- Thinking before speaking and listening to others.
- Achieving the desired results.
- Feeling appreciated in a stress free environment.
- Celebrating our achievements.
The Wanneroo Way of Teaching & Learning
Our school wide pedagogy is
Dream, Believe, Learn, Succeed.
At Wanneroo Senior High School we:
- Success achieved by all.
- Belief in yourself.
- A motivated and enthusiastic school community.
- A safe and happy environment.
- A school which encourages all to reach their potential.
- Empowering students to make informed decisions.
- Inspiring individuals to be active members of the global community.
- The learning environment is safe, stimulating and happy.
- Instruction is meaningful and clear.
- There is mutual respect and cooperation between all individuals.
- Encouragement and guided support.
- Diverse educational opportunities.
- Resilience, persistence and striving for continued improvement.
- Giving it a fair go.
The school fosters a culture of confidence and embraces leadership opportunities for all.