home >policies > good standing
As part of our school evaluation, it has been identified that motivation and achievement along with attendance of Year 11 and 12 students needs careful monitoring. We aim to introduce a system, which assists students in their planning, and help to ensure greater support for improved academic performance. This system will be based on ‘Good Standing’. Wanneroo Senior High School only allows full time study. Loss of ‘Good Standing’ will therefore result in students loosing the privilege of attending excursions, camps or any extra curricula activity including the School Ball and could result in exclusion from school.
All Senior School students will commence their courses with ‘Good Standing’.
Maintaining Good Standing requires that students live by the School Vision and Values ie “Star In Your Future” Dream, Believe, Learn and Succeed and behaving in a manner that supports these values.
Self Discipline by
• Having control of your actions to allow success for yourself and others.
• Providing a safe environment.
• Staff and students flourishing due to honest, reliable, confidential and consistent actions.
• The ability to interact with others in a productive way without causing offence.
• Thinking before speaking and listening to others.
• Feeling welcome in a professional environment that offers support, respect and rewards while working in a vibrant teaching and learning environment.
• Having the confidence to follow your dreams, the courage to challenge yourself and the desire to be the best you can be.
• Maintaining a balance in our professional and personal lives.
Achieving the desired results.
• Feeling appreciated in a stress free environment.
• Celebrating our achievements.
In addition abide by all school policies at all time. They are listed below:-
1. Uniform Policy
2. Mobile Phone & iPod Policy
3. Drug Policy
4. Anti-Bullying Policy
5. Student Internet Agreement
6. Assessment Policy
7. Student Car Policy
8. Attendance Including Lateness & Truancy
These policies have been supplied to each family in the Parents information booklet and many are reprinted in the diary and the remainder handed out individually to each student.
1. Minimum Assessment Requirements
All aspects of learning/assessment course must be attempted.
All subjects in Senior School at Wanneroo Senior High School have continuous assessment.
Absences can mean assessment items will be missed and this will affect ‘Good Standing’. Assessment items may be missed for a variety of reasons including absences for the following:
Bonafide Illness (Note:- Medical Certificate)
Family commitments - (e.g. bereavement/religious occasions)
Truancy Driving Lessons
NB: It is the students responsibility to catch up on missed work when absent.
Students must attend school regularly. Absences without an acceptable explanation will result in students loosing their ‘Good Standing’.
All students in Senior School at Wanneroo Senior High School must be punctual to all their classes. Any ongoing punctuality issues will result in the loss of ‘Good Standing’.
4. School Dress Code
All Senior School students are required to attend Wanneroo Senior High School dressed according to the Uniform Policy. Any ongoing problems with adhering to the school dress policy will result in loss of ‘Good Standing’. In addition students who repeatedly are out of Uniform will be sent home to change.
5. Attendance on Any Extra Curricula Reward Activities
Participation in these activities is possible only when students attain a ‘Good Standing’ rating. Any students on provisional ‘Good Standing’ must seek permission from the Student Services Manager or Deputy Principal before participating in any extra curricula activities.
6. Completion of Course Work
It is a requirement of all Senior School students that they work collaboratively with staff to complete all work required of them. Any student who fails to complete work set by staff will jeopardise their ‘Good Standing’ .
7. Classroom Behavioural Requirements
All Senior School Students are required to behave in a polite and courteous manner and abide by the Behaviour Management Policy.
8. Senior School Contract
Before students with ‘Good Standing’ are eligible to commence their studies, parents and students must sign the Senior School Contract.
Any student with ‘‘Provisional Good Standing’’ must attend a meeting with the Student Services Manager.
The Program Co-ordinator will make clear the expectations of Upper School students at Wanneroo Senior High School. Once this meeting has occurred students can commence their studies. Any continued and ongoing misbehaviour will result in students jeopardising their ‘Good Standing’ at Wanneroo Senior High School.
GOOD STANDING SENIOR SCHOOL
All students start the year with Good Standing. It continues if they maintain:
• Acceptable behaviour and dress
• Satisfactory academic performance
• Satisfactory attendance and punctuality
Stages of loss of Good Standing are:
• Sequential However the school reserves the right to place a student at whatever stage it sees fit, especially in the case of suspension where the result will probably be LOSS OF GOOD STANDING