Behaviour and Discipline
It is expected that students will be self-motivated, self-disciplined and conduct themselves in a mature manner at school.
Code of Behaviour
All staff and students are guided by our school CHARTER which states:
- All students have the right to learn and all teachers have the right to teach free from disruption.
- All students and staff have the right to be treated courteously.
- All students and staff have the right to work in a clean and safe environment.
- All students and staff have the right to have their property cared for and respected.
- All students and staff have the right to be free from verbal and physical abuse.
- All students and staff have the right to expect all members of the school community to abide by Department of Education and Training regulations governing: obeying all reasonable instructions, attendance and policy on smoking/drugs.
- All students and staff have the right to be listened to at the appropriate place and the appropriate time.
- Merit Award Certificates for outstanding academic achievement.
- Letters of Commendation.
- High Achievement Certificates.
- Honour Certificates for Academic/Sporting or other achievement.
- Student of Month Awards.
- Lunchtime activities.
- Reward excursions and camps.
- Various awards.
- Certificates of Appreciation/Special Achievement.
Managing Student Behaviour
Our school has a well developed program to manage student behaviour. It aims to reinforce positive behaviour and encourage self-discipline. All students are expected to accept responsibility for their actions and, for the few students who break the Charter, there are clearly defined consequences.
Parents Play an Integral Part in this Process
Behaviour Management in Schools Policy Document for Wanneroo Senior High School outlines in detail the policies and procedures followed. This document is readily available upon request.